This is way to delicious for a one-time meal. So, enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and any snack possible while you can get your hands on those beautiful fruit - figs. Absolutely delightful!
1 ½ cup water
1 teaspoon dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Drizzle olive oil
- Place ¼ cup very warm water in a small bowl and sprinkle with the yeast. Let it sit for 5 min or until yeast is hydrated and creamy
- Place flour, salt, remaining water and yeast mixture in a mixer bowl fitted with dough hook
- Mix on low speed for 2 mins to combine
- If the dough appears too wet and sticky and it is not combining, add another tablespoon of flour until it binds
- Drizzle with oil and mix for 2 minutes more. Dough should form a smooth ball and clear the sides of the mixing bowl
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Resume mixing on medium low speed for 3 minutes or until dough forms a smooth ball clearing sides of the bowl again.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for another 2 ½ hours. Dough will double in size. Use immediately.
2 cups Gorgonzola cheese
8 green figs
16 thinly sliced prosciutto
½ jar fig jam
Drizzle olive oil
Balsamic glaze (thick)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180° C
- Cut the dough into 4 balls (you can use the other 3 balls of dough as your base for the same toppings or alternative toppings)
- Dust both sides of dough with flour and roll out to make a thin crust
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle generously with Gorgonzola
- Place into the oven bake until the crust is starting to golden (2 to 3 minutes)
- Remove from oven and quickly distribute on top of the pizza: sliced fresh figs and fig jam and place back into the oven under the grill for a minute
- Take out of the oven, and distribute prosciutto slices
- Drizzle with olive oil and place back into oven for another minute – watch carefully that the prosciutto and figs don’t burn
- Meanwhile dress the rocket leaves in balsamic glaze, salt and pepper
- Take the Pizza out of the oven serve with the rocket leaves and additional balsamic glaze.