Lovely, delicate and crunchy! These baked gems are a spin on the traditional shortbread with a fruity twist.
200 g dried apricot (finely chopped)
4 tablespoons apricot jam
4 tablespoons water
250 g butter (chopped)
100 g golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250 g plain flour
140 g ground rice flour
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Grease and line a shallow cake tin with baking parchment
- Put apricots, apricot jam and water in a small pan.
- Simmer over a medium heat until thick.
- Then mash the apricots a little with a fork and set to the side to cool down
- Tip the butter, caster sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric whisk until fluffy
- Add flour and ground rice flour to the mixture with a wooden spoon. Mix through.
- Tip it out on a bench with a bit of flour and use your fingers to make a ball of dough
- Break the dough down into small balls, leaving an indent in the center of the tiny balls of dough. Place on the backing tin.
- Scoop in a little of the apricot mixture into the indentations
- Bake for 25 minutes until the edges are starting to turn golden
- Leave to cool
Serve best with a cup of tea or coffee.
Note: Perfect homemade gift to give someone you love