Ava’s STRAWBERRY delight (or WATERMELON if you please!) FUN SUGAR COOKIES
* 1 ½ cups unsalted butter (350 g)
* 3 ¾ cups icing sugar (450 g)
* 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
* 4 large eggs
* 5 cups all-purpose snowflake flour (625 g)
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 10 drops yellow food coloring
* 10 drops red food coloring
* 5 drops black food coloring
* 10 drops green food coloring
* Add the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy.
* Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat on medium speed to incorporate, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula halfway through.
* Add the salt and incorporate the flour in 3 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until a dough forms.
* Roll the red dough into a 6-inch-long (15-cm) log, then shape into a triangle wedge.
* Roll the green dough into a 6-inch-long (15-cm) log, then flatten.
* Place the red triangle on top and trim the edges with a bench scraper or knife.
* Cut the yellow dough in half. Set aside one half, then cut the other half in half again and roll into 2 6-inch-long (15-cm) logs and flatten slightly. Place the yellow pieces over each exposed side of the red dough, then pinch the yellow and green dough together to completely cover the red. Roll together to fuse, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
* Use a ruler and a knife to score ¼-inch (5mm) marks across chilled log. Cut into slices with a sharp knife, cleaning the knife after each slice, if necessary.
* Roll out the yellow dough to make a 6-inch (15-cm) by 12-inch (30-cm) rectangle.
* Wrap the yellow dough around the log, roll together to fuse, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
* Preheat the oven to 150˚C
* Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
Break off tiny pieces of the black dough, roll into seeds, and press onto the strawberries.
* Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or just until they begin to start turning golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Sounds complicated but super easy!! Just a lot of writing to explain!! Try them now!!