Cleo's winter fruit pavlova
7 egg whites at room temperature
350g caster sugar
1½ tsp white spirit vinegar
250ml whipping cream
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon zest
1 large orange
Chopped mint to garnish
1. Prepare your ingredients.
2. Draw a round circle on a piece of parchment paper.
3. Separate the egg whites but make sure no egg yolks fall in or else you will have to start again.
4. Whisk the egg whites on speed 4 until soft peaks form.
5. Lower the speed to 3 and gradually add 1-2 tbsp to the egg whites. Do not rush this process.
6. In a separate bowl mix the cornstarch and vinegar.
7. Add the vinegar mixture in the egg whites.
8. Let it combine until thick a and glossy.
9. Pour mixture onto the parchment paper and speed evenly.
10. Preheat the oven to 150°c until hot.
11.Put pavlova mix into oven and decrease heat to 110°c.
12. Bake for 90 minutes but make sure to check it gradually.
13. Take out of oven to cool and put back in oven overnight but make sure the oven is completely cool.
14. Take out of oven and cut a piece of the pavlova to shape a heart.
15. Pour the whipping cream, vanilla extract and caster sugar and mix on speed 1.
16. When it start thickening increase speed on high.
17. When ready spread evenly on the Pavlova.
18. Sprinkle the lemon zest.
19. Pack the fruit on the Pavlova and add the mint.