-1 3/4 cups all purpose -
-1 tsp baking powder (4g)
-1 tsp baking soda (6g)
-1 tsp salt (6g)
-1 tsp ground cinnamon (3g)
-1/2tsp allspice (1g)
-1/4 tsp cardamom (0,5g)
-1/4 tsp nutmeg (0,5g)
-3/4 cup granulated suger (150g)
-1/4 cup unsalted butter (57g, room temperature)
-1/4 cup coconut oil (52g)
-2 tbsp plain yogurt(30g)
-2 eggs (large)
-3 bananas (very ripe, mashed about 1/2 cups)
-1 tsp vanilla (5ml)
-1 banana (ripe, for decoration)
1) preheat the oven to 180 °C and sift the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
2) butter and flour a 9×5 inch pan and line it with parchment paper to prepare it.
3) cream the butter in a standing mixer with the coconut oil until smooth, then add the sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
4) now add the vanilla then eggs one at a time. Make sure each egg incorporates before adding the next.
5) scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl down and add the plain yogurt.
6) cut open and mash your ripe bananas. If not soft enough, place them in the oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes until brown.
7) pour the mashed bananas into the mixture and beat on medium speed until they are fully incorporated, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
8) cut a banana in half and pat down the tops of them with brown sugar.
9) pour mixture into pan and gently place the half bananas on top. Make sure the bananas are positioned close to the edge so they don't sink.
10) bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.